Sunday, August 10, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

Well, some of my favorite simple kitchen tools anyway. My father always told me that ya gotta have the right tool for the job (actually, he often told me "that's the wrong tool" and I had to run around trying to find the right one for whatever job we happened to be working on). This is certainly true in the kitchen. I have my favorites and thought I'd share a few with you:

1. My Wuestoff knife collection so far - still waiting for the steak knives :-) But my favorite knife is this little guy and I use it daily:


2. France's favorite tool (no, it's not what you're thinking): the whisk (this one's made by Oxo - don't you just love their stuff?)



3. The only thing to use when grating citrus peels: the microplane




4. And last, but certainly (most definately!) not least: my wine opener. You might even say that this is an absolute necessity in my house, especially after a long day with 4 lovely children ;-)
I've had this one since I waited tables in college 20 years ago (WOW, was it that long ago? Yeesh.)




Oh yeah, and I forgot another one - my mandoline (seen earlier in the post on "Main Course"). Like I said, I just wouldn't make scalloped potatoes without it.
I'd love to hear from you - what are your favorite simple kitchen tools? (I'll have another post on the more complex stuff later)

No comments: