Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fresh is best

Another treat for summer - Caprese Salad.




I got the tomatoes from a friend last weekend (thanks Susan!) and they are just so delicious and begging to be pared with fresh mozzeralla and the basil from my new plant. I ended up eating the whole plate myself for lunch yesterday and it was goooood.

Caprese Salad (for 1 - well, for me anyway)

1 fresh tomato, sliced
1 bunch basil leaves (appx 1/4 cup chopped)
4 oz. fresh mozzerella cheese, sliced
olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Arrange tomatoes and cheese around a plate, sprinkle with chopped basil, drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper.

Delish!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can pretty much take or leave tomatoes, but those granola grabbers, oh my! And the blackberry slab . . . Yummy
Thank you so much for visiting today - it was really good to meet you and your delicious blog!