Sunday, September 7, 2008

Well, blow me over....another award?!

Wow - two awards in one week! I am just floored. I have been having so much fun doing this blog and I'm just tickled that other people are reading and enjoying the posts.....but awards....for me.....I mean, wow! It's definitely icing on the cake.


A big super-duper thank you to Cathy at The Tortefeasor who presented me with the Brilliante Weblog Award. She's got a fantastic blog and I so enjoy reading her posts (although she may say they're long-winded, I like reading every word :-) If you haven't already, please go check it out.

I guess there are some rules to follow as I present this award to others:

1. when you receive a diamond, make a post about it on your blog. check

2. name the blogger from whom you got it. check

3. award the diamonds to seven other bloggers. see below, check

4. link them. check

5. and tell them they got one. ok, gotta do this still check

It's so great to be in the company of the blogs who have received this and the ones listed here. They are all so talented! When my blog grows up, I want it to be just like these:

Real Mom Kitchen - right back atcha Laura. I'm still smiling from getting my first award from her - such a wonderful surprise! Laura's got a great blog and just plain delicious recipes (and she's got such a nice name, too :-)

Rookie Cookie - I just love the name of this blog - so clever! And the layout is just terrific. Beautiful photos and lots of great recipes.

food.baby - An Aussie blog - so cool! Susan's got a saying at the bottom of her blog that I really think is poignant: "The difference you make in someone else's life, will always be smaller than the difference it will in your own ..." Of course, her recipes are great too!

The Boastful Baker - Just a gorgeous blog - photos, recipes, layout, everything.

Frantic Home Cook - This lady is simply inspiring. She may say she's "Frantic", but sure looks like she's got it all together to me.

A Recipe A Day - Nancy is absolutely prolific with the recipes. I ask this question about a lot of blogs, and I certainly do about this one: "How on earth does she do it? Really, how!?".

Cream Puffs in Venice - Ivonne is one of the co-founders of the Daring Bakers Challenge. Beautiful blog, and so talented - check out this post and you'll understand. Still considering joining this baking group, but I haven't screwed up enough courage yet. I feel like they are way outta my league.

These amazing blogs have probably all received this award before, but I am so inspired by their brilliance that I felt I must send it to them anyway. Hope you all get a chance to check them out - you won't be sorry you did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura ~ THANK YOU! I really appreciate you giving the award to me!!!! What a great surprise!